Local directories that can help improve your rankings on local search engines.
First visit getlisted.org free local monitoring tool. GetListed.org’s LocalDashboard™ tool allows you to see how your business is indexed in the most popular Local search engines—Google, Bing, InfoGroup, Yahoo, Yelp, Hot Frog, Yellow Pages and Best of the Web—and offers straightforward strategies you can use to improve your placement in those search engines.
- Google Places connecting your business with local customers. Create a Google Places Listing »
Get found on Google for free with google places
97% of consumers search for local businesses online. Be there when they’re looking for you with Google Places for business – a free local platform from Google.
- Bing Business Portal will ensure that your business is included on all major and secondary search engines. Create a Bing Business Listing »
- Facebook Local
- Yahoo Local Listings Account Center Create a Yahoo Business Listing »
- Yelp for Business Owners is a popular Local information portal on the U.S. West Coast, and in certain industries across the rest of the country–and even Canada and Europe. Add Your Business to Yelp »
- Neustar Localeze By working with Localeze, you can make sure that the content displayed about your business by local search engines is consistent and up-to-date – right from your own desktop. You also can rest easy knowing that Localeze distributes your business content to the largest network of local search engine partners in the industry. So, whether a consumer likes to use Yahoo Local or Google Maps, or any other popular local search engine, you can be sure to reach them.
- InfoGroup (Express Update USA) InfoGroup is a major business directory whose data is used as a starting point by many local search engines. If you have a new business, or have moved addresses or changed phone numbers, it is essential to Create Info Group Business Listing »
- Here PrimePlaces
- Superpages Superpages.com is a top online resource for finding information and insights on businesses and retailers. Google and Yahoo often “double-check” Superpages.com to make sure they’re showing correct business information. Here’s where to claim your listing.
- Citygrid Media Citysearch is a major competitor of Yelp that charges you to claim your business listing. It can be expensive but again, if you’re in the hospitality industry, it’s probably worth the investment to Add my business to Citysearch.